Thursday, May 26, 2011

So Hot!

Okay, for some reason I can’t get this out of cap locks so just bare with me.  I am telling you right now LAst night was the hottest night i have ever experienced in my life.  It was at least 85 degrees in our room with bassically no circulation.  We tried everything. cold showers, no covers, open window, fan, but i ended up sleeping with a wet sarong laying on top of me.  People this was my only option! This is madness. 


As our adventure is coming to a close we have been doing a lot of thanking of each other.  (Aaron and I that is.)  It seems like both of us have gained so much from this experience and lately we have just been thankful of one another’s compromise and willingness to fulfill the other wants.  What a beautiful time at the beginning of our marriage to really put ourselves in a situation where depending on one another is our only option.  We just sat last night as we watched the sunset over the Pacific Ocean and thanked one another for this experience.  The more I think about it the more thankful I become.  Aaron took the biggest risk ever and just walked away from stability which is so big for him.  I am traveling through Central America, trusting that he will lead me safely through this time.  Through those two things alone our definition of trust has been redefined.  Our trip is over in a week and we will continue to discover ways this experience has molded and shaped our marriage, our confidence…our lives.  Although we are sad to see this time coming to an end we are so excited about the next challenge of our lives.  For real!!  

Oh man, I get to see my cousin Philip Friday.  It might not seem crazy but this is my cousin that lives in California that we have not seen in what feels like forever.  So the fact that we are 'running into' each other in Central America seems a little crazy.  We are excited to spend the day with him on Friday.  This totally makes me think of how much I have been reminded on this trip of how much I love my people.  I have made it a huge priority to keep in touch with people.  I have actually talked more to people since I have been gone than I talked to when I was home.  I was talking with Aaron about this has been a huge lesson learned.  I got back to thinking about how 'busy' I thought I was.  Like "hold on i am watching this TV show, can I call you later." But lets just get real, what are we really gaining from this TV show vs. a conversation with a friend.  Lesson Learned! 

Not to much on my mind today to blog about, My brain is like mushy scrambled eggs that got burnt last night in my heat stroke. 

No comments:

Post a Comment