Friday, May 20, 2011

Bug in my Suitcase.

Our time in Granada, Nicaragua is coming to an end.  High lights from this trip.  A lot of quality time spent between Aaron and I.  It was a great opportunity to unwind and really enjoy each other’s company and the area surrounding us.  We didn’t do too much during our time here.  A carriage ride through the city.  A quick trip to the lake (bug infestation L) A few great meals dining out, a few gross meals dining in.  Nicaragua=limited grocery supply.  We had a choice between the street market and a tiny ‘super’ market type of market. When we walked by a women sharpening a knife on the sidewalk curb, we decided against eating or consuming street food.  When we later saw a homeless person (obviously in major life challenge mode) with her pants down sitting on the sidewalk curb urinating into the street, we decided no one should EVER eat anything prepared, sold or given to them on the street. Not a high light of our trip to Granada, but surely memorable.  We stopped into a chocolate museum and ran into the most beautiful pool.  The sign read ‘$10 at Spa =Free pool access.  So we were in…Of course Aaron reads the sign and the best bang for your buck is to get a 90 minutes massage.  After all it was only like $30.  We entered the door to the massage room not knowing what we were in for.  I was being massaged by a man who picked up my head as if it were a rough batch of pizza dough, and he took no mercy.  Aaron walked out of his room and said three things, felt good, more painful than good, more awkward than painful.  “I think she ripped out 50% of my leg hair”.  No bueno.   


Proud and ashamed moment: I saw a roach like creature crawling through my suitcase. Said to myself “I’ll just wear what I have on.” Closed it up and walked away.  Adaptation to current life situation.  Bugs are everywhere. 

A quote I came across and wanted to share.
You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.   –Woodrow Wilson

I really appreciated this quote and wanted to share it with you, consider it encouragement to take your gifts and give them to the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment