Monday, May 16, 2011

AFADD!

So I am sitting in a hotel room in Tegucigalpa.  We have had such a successful day of travel.  I am starting to think it is to good to be true.  We are in a room that has clean sheets, hot showers, AC and TV.  (Cant forget WIFI!!)

None the less, we are beginning the end of our trip in Central America.  Yesterday it really hit me that we were leaving.  We were all sitting in church, (me, Harry, Aaron and 11 young boys) I was sitting down listening to the message about David and Goliath. The pastor asked the congregation to stand and I found myself bound to my seat with Marba sleeping on my lap.  When I looked over my left shoulder I felt Richie's hand come into mine.  I was brought to tears thinking of this chunk of my life that was coming to an end.  I was sitting there consumed with sadness that these children will no longer be in my everyday life and with joy that I am now walking through life with 35 new friends.  Pastor Paul talked about the Giants we live with, the Giants that plague our minds and our hearts.  I couldn't help but think of this Giant risk we took and the immense pay out I got from it.  What a great giant to face.  I cant help but look forward and see the GIANT challenge ahead of walking back into the states with a continual refreshed attitude.  Aaron and I have talked so many nights about this giant and our faith in our strength to conquer another giant along side of one another.

We are off to Nicaragua tomorrow and will be in Granada for a few days and off to San Juan del Sur where I might have the pleasure of running into a cousin of mine. Fancy that!

May 15th, 2011--"AFADD!"  Aaron and I started our first official tradition. "Annual Feed A Dog Day" Our love for animals has been illuminated this trip and we went yesterday to serve the street dogs a bite for supper! We found ourselves in a few awkward situations, with a few scared pups, and A LOT of weird looks but about 15 dogs got fed a good healthy dinner: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

Next year on May 15th I am sure we will have another successful AFADD!

No comments:

Post a Comment